Well hey there! Since my weekend was a complete and total slob fest I opted to skip a wrap up yesterday in favor of slobbing it up a little more on Sunday night and not blogging. I am sure this comes as no surprise to any of you regulars since Monday is not my jam.
I'll tell you what is though... a fresh new blog design up in these parts. What do you think? I wanted something a little lighter and brighter for spring and when I saw Karli's new look last week I got the fever. So I pretty much copied her, jumped on Etsy and bing,bang, boom... a makeover for $9.00 with free installation. I thought about attempting to install it myself as I am told it's a piece of cake but, after a glass or two of wine and reading the instructions I was all fuck that please install my shit for free and thank you very much. I am still tweaking a little here and there but you get the idea.
Also Today is the first day of a new link up over at September Farm so since I am stealing all of Karli's ideas I figured why stop now. In true blogger fashion I bring you a list of 10 things. For this week's installment it's 10 things that I miss...
1. Babies - Every once in awhile I just want to hold a baby for a bit. Not my baby, someone elses baby. After having a succession of them I got used to having one around but they grow into tiny humans that weigh 60 pounds and you can't walk around with them on your hip anymore. And they smell so good, I miss that.
2. Playing Golf - I keep saying I am going to take it up again someday. I hate saying someday. I used to play a lot and I am pretty good when I am playing regularly. I always found it relaxing and even peaceful to be out there on the course. It's also a fun thing to do as a couple or couples and you can drink beer while you play. Always a plus for me!
3. Reading the Newspaper on Sunday Morning - I used to do this every weekend mostly I think because my parents always did. I miss trading sections with the person next to you over hot coffee. Does anyone even read the paper anymore?
4. I miss not giving a crap about what I ate. Remember when you were really young and you could lose 5 lbs in a few days to get ready for an event or to look perfect in a dress? And the rest of the time you pretty much ate whatever? That, I miss that. Being healthy is work.
5. "Good Morning" texts. One of the only good things about online dating is that is mostly an exercise in flirting via text. That means a plethora of "good morning beautiful" type texts every day if you're maximizing your time. It's a nice way to start the day!
6. College football, or any football for that matter. Dang... we have a long way to go till August. On the bright side it's almost Masters and Kentucky Derby time.
7. Flip Flops - Winter is such a pain in the ass for footwear... covered up, clunky, constricting. I just want to wear flip flops. You can pretty much get away with them anytime with any outfit here in the south. They are the yoga pants of shoes.
8. Good Work Clothes - My work wardrobe has gone to the shitter. I spend all my clothing dollars on tennis outfits, shoes, bags, jeans and fun t-shirts and it's starting to show. My office is business casual and no one really cares but I do kind of miss dressing up a bit for work.
9. Exploring - Surprisingly my ex was really good at this. Occasionally we would just get in the car on a weekend day and take off for parts unknown, always finding funky shops, dive bars/restaurants, local flavor. Somehow I got out of the habit of spontaneous outings. Need to work on that.
10. The Bennigans Monte Cristo Sandwich - I know this is totally random and most of you may be too young to know what I'm talking about but it truly was the most amazingly bad for you deep fried creation known to man. Somehow it came up in a conversation with a friend about horribly delicious foods recently and now it's ll I can think about. Until you have had a deep fried ham, turkey and cheese sandwich sprinkled with powdered sugar and served with raspberry jelly for dipping you have not lived.
So there's my 10 For Tuesday. Check out the link up and see what's on everyone else's list today!