Hey. Linking up with Miss Karli today for 10 on Tuesday. Stealing a prompt from the fabulous Helene because she's awesome. It's always fun to hear what quirky things make someone's heart go boom boom and here's a few of mine!
1. When my dog army crawls on his belly up from the foot of my bed to my face and snuggles into me like a little spoon with his head on my pillow. We call that "laying like people".
2. A giant Diet Mountain Dew from the Race Trac fountain on Saturday morning. Crushed ice, not cubed.
3. Bright orange polish on fingers and toes in the springtime.
4. Crawling into my little girl's bunk bed with her in the morning to wake her up. It's like being in a little fort with her.
5. Shopping on Saturday's with my best friend. We do the most mundane things like Walmart and Costco but somehow doing it together makes it super fun. Plus we usually sneak off for a beer and a snack along the way.
6. When someone else cooks for me. It could be anything at all, but after a lifetime of cooking for other people this is one of the things I truly appreciate and enjoy. I wish I would have realized growing up what a gift it was that my parents and Grandparents were such amazing cooks!
7. Winning a tennis match in 3 sets ending with a tiebreaker when you think you blew it. Nothing feels better than a comeback. This happened Sunday by the way. My feet have yet to recover.
8. Frosting. I love cake but the frosting is where it's at. Preferably like a vanilla butter cream. Don't want yours? I'll take it.
9. A ripped to perfection t-shirt. It's a method I have perfected dismantling the neck, arms and hem so that the edge rolls up just perfectly and look like you have been wearing it that way forever. It's the first thing I reach for when I get home from work. That and leggings. Which are pants in my house.
10. Dessert for dinner. Because life is short. Eat the pie.