- I had this job that I loved that was supposed to be a 3 year gig that ended unexpectedly.
- I had this person that was kind of one of my favorite persons for a year that unexpectedly just wasn't my person anymore.
- When my gig ended I thought I would have another one lined up and not skip a beat, instead I was unemployed for 6 weeks... again. In the summer... hello binge watching, eating and drinking bender.
- I took a new position that has been possibly the most challenging thing I have ever done in my life and I have struggled with whether or not it was the right career move. Finally now, I am almost certain it was.
- I started out strong this year with health and fitness but have gotten off track somewhere along the way. I mean I really took a huge step backward at least in my own mind.
So that's all in the past and it's time to get ready to kick off a whole new year. I have a lot to be thankful for and a lot to look forward to. But I don't feel very good right now mostly because I am not taking care of myself like I should be. As most of you know for the last 2 years I have done a Whole30 in January along with the rest of the world of Whole30-ers. The first one was really hard but I lost 20 lbs and gained some huge insight into my personal demons. The second was much easier and I lost an additional 14 lbs and learned even more about how food triggers and affects me. One of the coolest side effects, if you will, of Whole30 is that you sort of adopt this whole new life for 30 days. It really forces you to do everything just a bit differently because, whether you realize it or not, food is a huge part of most of our lives. When you change what and how you eat a lot of other things change too. And it's positive change I can assure you. So that's where I am now, ready to get back to it on Jan. 2nd and KILL it for the 3rd time.
Along with Whole30 I would really like to get back to my regular routine for exercise which for me is tennis and some HIIT training type of workouts on a regular basis. And yoga, I really want to try some yoga this year. This is all going to be the biggest challenge yet for me because of the demands of my job. But, like I said I feel like shit so I need to do it. And I swear, the best side effect of Whole30 is it just spills over into other parts of your life and you get more disciplined, you get shit done, you check it all off the list. You focus like never before. You regain control and structure. I don't know why but you just do. I crave structure.
Having said all of that, Nadine and I are planning a little link up, check in keep each other honest kind of thing for January. So... if you want to maybe take 30 days and regroup, reset, re-whatever you need you can join us. More on that later.
But for now, thanks for stopping by.