So I love that Alyssa is doing this Back to Blogging link up and it couldn't have come at a better time for me. I mean, I always seem to need to get back to blogging. As usual I am late to the party but maybe Ke$ha got it right on that one. So the first prompt that jumped out at me was this one:
A blog post (or a list of post topics) you want to write but have yet to hit "publish" on
10 Signs You Have Been Single For Awhile
- Think of that episode of Sex and The City when Carrie moves in with Aiden and laments about the inability to indulge in her "secret single behavior". I have a laundry list of things I do now that are a direct result of the fact that no one else has been around for a little while. Are you curious?
- Winston is my dog and yes he has a voice and a fetch personality, at least in our minds. This might be too cutesy for me though, I could never quite figure out a way to approach it even though I have read some posts like this that are hilarious.
- IG is not an online dating service but you can use it that way and I can tell you how! Millions are falling in Insta love every day.
- It has been brought to my attention that I might be a little on the picky side when it comes to men so this is your basic list post... I couldn't finish it because blogger kept crashing. I guess it was big or something ... idk
- Remember when everyone was doing these? Like "I'm from cornfields and spectacular sunsets" or in my case "I'm from the former murder capital of the US".
- I had this great idea for a post on the FWB trend among single folks nowadays and why I think it does not and/or rarely ever really works. It turned into a mini novel about two "friends" and I started having anxiety about people reading it and thinking it was about me. It was about some good friends of mine. It was.
- Yeah... real life me was a little too real for my liking. I'd rather be a filtered woman.
- Can you believe I wrote this and never freaking posted it? A whole list of goals. Goal #1... Finish what you start. If I was thinking pizza at the time I am 100 percent on target for success.
- I love a good selfie as much as the next girl and I had this idea for a post on the various types of selfies you see over and over and over again on social media ad nauseum using myself as the example. Well, you know how it takes like 100 pics to get one good selfie? I underestimated how much actually went into 700 selfies.
- Nothing annoys me more than people who excessively use management speak and so I started compiling a list of my favorite phrases and never finished it. Now that I have had some time for lessons learned I plan to drill down on this soon and see if I can't shift left and produce a deliverable.
What do you guys think? Any of these you would like to see me finish? I am open for suggestions!
Thanks Alyssa for the inspo!